Jake "The Gorilla" Pilla
“With a wealth of martial arts knowledge, and a creative style Jake “The Gorilla” Pilla is looking to set himself apart as an MMA fighter. With expert coaching, and dedication to his craft, this is just the beginning of his career. We are proud to support his rise to the top.”
Quick Facts Facts
Years training: 20 years
Favorite food: Tacos
Nickname: The Gorilla
A bit about "The Gorilla"
- Tell us a bit about yourself. I’m a 25 year old professional fighter. I love to travel and adventure, or spend time with friends and family.
- What got you into MMA? Having a traditional base in kung fu as a child spurred me into trying to obtain as much martial arts knowledge as I could obtain and MMA suited that perfectly.
- What is your favorite aspect to train? My favorite aspect to train is jiu-jitsu.
- Who is your biggest mentor? My biggest mentor is my coach John Howard.
- What do you do to relax outside of training? Outside of training I enjoy riding motorcycles, snowboarding, or relaxing days on the beach.
- What do you like to listen to while training? While training I either have some old school hip hop or EDM on.
- How has MMA changed your life? MMA has kept me pushing to always obtain more and has encouraged my growth and development inside and outside the gym.
- Describe yourself using 3 words. Kind, energetic, adventurous.
- Describe your personal style. Laid back and relaxed.
- Favorite junk food? Reese’s.
- If you could be any animal in the world, what would it be? A gorilla.
Follow Jake to keep up with his MMA career
Instagram @jakethegorilla – Facebook @Jake Pilla – Twitter @jakethegorilla
And follow us for more outstanding photo shoots and product releases
Instagram @alphabolixofficial – Facebook @alphabolix – Twitter @AlphaBolix