Effects of sleep on your testosterone levels
The effects of sleep on your testosterone levels are substantial. Both are essential to good health and vitality. Sleep quality plays a significant role in your health. It is a key factor to recovery, and plays a major role in testosterone production. When you’re looking to perform optimally and live a healthy life, sleep cannot be overlooked.
Why your body needs sleep
sleep deprivation is a common issue. But it is one that you cannot overlook. It is essential for health and longevity. As a result, insufficient sleep can weaken the immune system. It is one of the biggest factors in body weight. Hormones such as leptin and grhrelin control hunger and satiety. They are effected by sleep. Sleep deprivation can also release insulin, increasing fat storage and the risk of type 2 diabetes. So ensuring a healthy sleep schedule plays a major roll in body composition and health. Insufficient sleep also effects hormone production. This means essential growth hormones such as testosterone. Key to strength, vitality, and energy, the effects should not be overlooked.
Improving sleep and your testosterone levels
How do you ensure your sleep and testosterone levels stay optimal?
- Increase bright light exposure during the day. Especially sun light. This will ensure your circadian rhythm is functioning properly.
- Reduce blue light exposure during the evening. Your circadian rhythm tells your body when to sleep and when to wake. Blue light, such as the light emitted by screens can trick the circadian rhythm and cause sleep disturbances. Avoid screens at night, or download a blue light blocking app such as f.lux.
- Avoid nighttime caffeine consumption. Some people have different tolerances. However you should avoid caffeine at night to ensure a good nights rest.
- Avoid long naps. A power nap is fine. However consistent sleep patterns are essential to healthy sleep. If a nap disrupts your nights sleep, it has likely backfired.
- Set a sleep schedule. Go to bed, and wake at consistent times to ensure your sleep patterns are optimized.
These are some of the techniques you can use to ensure your sleep patterns are ideal. This will also positively effect your testosterone levels. Another way to ensure everything is performing optimally is to take a testosterone booster like Test Reaper. Not only does sleep deprivation lower testosterone levels. Lowered testosterone can negatively impact sleep quality. A natural testosterone booster will help maintain healthy testosterone levels, and help keep your sleep on track. Don’t overlook either in your search for health and vitality. With proper sleep practices and supplementation you can ensure your testosterone levels stay healthy.